Untuk Pemesanan Konfirmasi Terlebih Dahulu ● Tipe : QDA-A2AR
● Description : 3.5″ SATA to dual 2.5″ SATA drive adapter, up to 9.5mm 2.5″ drive height support, hardware RAID 0/1, JBOD, Individual disk modes
The QDA-A2MAR can accommodate two M.2 SATA SSDs within a single 2.5-inch SATA drive bay. No software driver is required for the QDA-A2MAR, and it can be installed in a PC/workstation (Windows®, Linux®) or QNAP NAS to flexibly add high-performance M.2 SATA SSDs with RAID configurations to meet various storage needs.
Note: The connected drive may not reach its optimal performance due to protocol translation and some overhead.
Supports various RAID levels
The QDA-A2AR supports a variety of RAID configurations. Depending on your requirements, you can use the bundled metal pin as disk mode switch tool to select your ideal RAID mode: Individual, JBOD, RAID 0, or RAID 1. Windows® users can use the QNAP External RAID Manager utility to view the RAID group status and disk health information.
1. All the drive data will be cleared upon drive initialization or RAID mode switching with the QDA-A2AR. Ensure that all data is backed up beforehand.
2. Window and Linux PC supports all four modes mentioned above. QTS does not support Individual mode.
3. It is recommended that only drives with identical model numbers and capacities are used to create a RAID 0/1 group because the total storage space will be equal to the size of the smallest drive.
4. The SATA controller of the PC must support port multipliers to recognize two drives in the Individual mode configuration. Consult your system provider and install the latest drivers for your SATA controller.
5. Installing a QNAP disk adapter in another QNAP disk adapter is not supported. (e.g. QDA-A2MAR cannot be installed in the QDA-A2AR.)
6. TR-002/TR-004 RAID expansion enclosures do not support QDA-A2AR/QDA-A2MAR.
A PC that supports SATA port multipliers can connect two SATA drives to a single SATA port, allowing you to independently access each disk as separate storage space.
RAID 1 Mode (Default)
Half of the total storage capacity is used to store data, and the other half keeps a copy of this data. This provides high data protection at the cost of only being able to use half the installed storage space.
RAID 0 Mode
Data is split amongst the drives. RAID 0 provides the fastest performance but does not protect data from drive failure.
All the drives are recognized as a single drive. This allows maximal storage utilization but provides no data protection.
Install in a PC/workstation for higher performance or data protection
When using two 2.5-inch drives instead of a single 3.5-inch drive in a PC/workstation (Windows® or Linux®) you can create a RAID 0 for enhanced performance, or RAID 1 to add data redundancy for greater data protection. To deal with tasks that require intensive, fast data transmission, you can install high-speed SATA SSDs to achieve maximized performance and lower latency, ideal for on-the-fly video editing and server-grade applications.
External RAID Manager for Windows users
The QNAP External RAID Manager utility allows Windows® users to view the drive status and RAID information of the QDA-A2AR. Firmware updates for the QDA-A2AR can also be managed with the External RAID Manager utility.