TL-D1600S JBOD storage enclosure allows you to back up and expand your QNAP NAS, Windows® and Ubuntu® computers and servers. The TL-D1600S features twelve 3.5-inch/2.5-inch SATA 6Gb/s drive bays and four 2.5-inch SATA 6Gb/s SSD bays and comes with a QXP PCIe card for connecting the enclosure using a SFF-8088 (or SFF-8644) cable. It provides reliable read/write performance for smooth storage and backup tasks.
1. QNAP recommends following the standard procedure for connecting or disconnecting the TL-D1600S. For more information, please see the TL-D1600S user manual.
2. The TL-D1600S can only be used as an individual storage pool or volume on the NAS. Its storage pool or volume cannot be combined into the connected NAS. NAS applications cannot be installed on the TL-D1600S.
3. The TL-D1600S only supports QNAP NAS running on QTS 4.4.2 (or above) or QuTS hero operating system.
High-performing TL SATA JBOD
The TL SATA JBOD supports multi-lane SATA 6Gb/s transfer, and each SATA lane directly connects to a single SATA drive to help improve performance. With the 1-1 high-speed channel, the TL SATA JBOD delivers excellent transfer performance.
Note: The SFF ports and drive slots order: SFF port 1 to HDD slot 1-4, SFF port 2 to HDD slot 5-8, SFF port 3 to HDD slot 9-12, SFF port 4 to SDD slot 1-4 (TL-D1600S)
Flexibly Expand Connectivity with QXP PCIe Cards
Install an exclusive QXP PCIe card onto your QNAP NAS, Windows® or Ubuntu® PC to connect the JBOD enclosure via SFF-8088 (or SFF-8644) cable , for easy and flexible storage expansion.
1. The TL-D1600S package includes one QXP-1600eS card (can be purchased additionally) and four 1M SFF-8088 to SFF-8644 cables.
2. A SATA JBOD storage enclosure can only connect to one NAS. Users can only use QNAP JBOD Manager to view statuses of devices and disks installed with QNAP expansion cards and JBODs. Users can only create single storage expansions when the QXP PCIe card is not connected to a TL SATA JBOD enclosure.
3. TL SATA JBOD storage enclosure can install different QXP PCIe cards. For example, one NAS can be matched with multiple QXP PCIe cards to connect to TL SATA JBOD storage enclosure or users can use one QXP-800eS to expand two TL-D400S (there are no quantity limits except for restrictions mentioned in the previous note).
4. The TL SATA JBOD and QXP SATA expansion card support at most 1 meter (3.28 feet) long cable.
5. The QXP-1600eS PCIe SATA expansion card included with the TL-D1600S and TL-R1200S-RP JBOD is incompatible with 1U 4-bay NAS with PCIe slots and the following desktop models. For more information, and to view a full list of compatible NAS models, visit the Storage Expansion Compatibility and Compatibility List.
• x82S: TVS-882ST3, TVS-882ST2
• x71: TVS-871T, TVS-871, TVS-671, TVS-471
• x70: TS-870 Pro, TS-670 Pro, TS-470 Pro, TVS-870, TVS-670, TVS-470, TS-870, TS-670, TS-470
• x63: TVS-863+, TVS-863, TVS-663, TVS-463, TS-563
• x31P/x31X: TS-831X, TS-531X, TS-531P
• x32X: TS-832X
6. Users of the TVS-871U-RP, TVS-1271U-RP, and x80 series NAS must update their BIOS to the minimum BIOS version. If not, unexpected boot failures might occur.
Learn More:QXP PCIe Cards
|Drive Bay||12 x 3.5-inch SATA 6Gb/s, 3Gb/s + 4 x 2.5-inch SATA 6Gb/s, 3Gb/s|
|Drive Compatibility||3.5-inch bays:
3.5-inch SATA hard disk drives
2.5-inch SATA hard disk drives
2.5-inch SATA solid state drives
|Audio Alert On/Off Switch|
|Host Interface||4 x SFF-8088|
|LED Indicators||HDD 1-16, Status, Link, Fan error|
|LCD Display/ Button|
|Dimensions (HxWxD)||303.84 × 369.89 × 319.8 mm|
|Weight (Net)||11.59 kg|
|Max. number of HDDs/SSDs supported||16|
|Hard Drive Type||3.5-inch SATA hard disk drives
2.5-inch SATA hard disk drives (for 3.5-inch tray slots only)
2.5-inch SATA solid state drives
|Operating temperature||0 – 40 °C (32°F – 104°F)|
|Storage Temperature||-20 – 70°C (-4°F – 158°F)|
|Relative Humidity||5-95% RH non-condensing, wet bulb: 27˚C (80.6˚F)|
|Power Supply Unit||250W PSU, 100 – 240V|
|Power Consumption: Operating Mode, Typical||93.66 W
Tested with drives fully populated.
|Fan Mode Switch||(Auto, high, medium, low)|
|Fan||3 x 92mm, 12VDC|
|Sound Level||25 db(A)|
|Kensington Security Slot||
Note: Use only QNAP memory modules to maintain system performance and stability. For NAS devices with more than one memory slot, use QNAP modules with identical specifications.
Warning: Using unsupported modules may degrade performance, cause errors, or prevent the operating system from starting.
* Sound Level Test
Environment: Refer to ISO 7779; Maximum HDD loaded; Bystander Position; Average data from 1 meter in front of operating NAS.
Product images are for illustrative purposes only and may differ from the actual product. Due to differences in monitors, colors of products may also appear different to those shown on the site.
Designs and specifications are subject to change without notice.
There are no reviews yet.