- Intel Xeon 9th generation Quad-Core CPU
- Server-grade ECC memory: 8 GB ECC DDR4-2666 (Max 128GB, 32GB x 4)
- 3U chassis design, 16 SATA drive bays
- Dual M.2 NVMe SSD ports for fast caching
- Complete iSCSI/IP-SAN and NFS support. VMware, Citrix and Hyper-V ready.
- Supports Virtualization and Docker apps
- PCIe slots for 10/25/40/50 Gigabit Ethernet cards as well as SAS cards.
- Windows ACL support combined with Windows AD infrastructure enhances management efficiency for business applications
Intel Xeon Quad-Core CPU
The Lockerstor 12R/16R Pro features a powerful Intel 9th generation Xeon with four cores. Not only is the Xeon extremely fast in both read and write speeds, but also lends incredible performance to virtual machines and Docker apps.
Powerful Hardware and Top flight performance
- Intel Xeon 9th generation Quad-Core CPU
- Supports and uses ECC RAM.
- PCIe support for 10/25/40/50 GbE cards as well as SAS cards.
- Dual M.2 NVMe SSD ports for fast caching.
- USB 3.2 Gen-2 Type A/Type C
360° Backup solution and enterprise virtualization application
- MyArchive cold storage backups
- Snapshot Center, Cloud Backup Center, DataSync Center
- Complete iSCSI/IP-SAN and NFS support
- VMware, Citrix and Hyper-V ready
- Supports Virtualization and Docker apps
Server-grade ECC memory
ECC memory is memory usually used in servers for detection and correction of the most common kinds of data corruption. This can help prevent data loss due to electromagnetic interference or crashes, making the NAS the Lockerstor 16R pro our most stable NAS ever.
High efficient and energy saving
The Lockerstor 12R pro and 16R pro are equipped with server–grade redundant 80 PLUS Platinum PSUs. The efficient power supplies installed ensure stability when running your NAS for various apps like virtualization. The included power supplies also increase energy efficiency as they are up to 94% efficient in 50% load and remain efficient at almost any load. This enables enterprise customers to save power and money while also being green. With internal hard drive hibernation, the Lockerstor 16R pro consume only 51.5 W of power while normal operation only consumes 121.7 W of power.
The Lockerstor 16R Pro(3U) features comprehensive backup solutions. The built-in redundant power supply and 4 Gigabit Ethernet ports effectively increase reliability, data integrity and execution speeds. The Ethernet ports and power supply all feature failover capabilities (when one fails, the other can continue to operate) in order to ensure for continuous data availability.
“Find Me” Function and Service Light for Server Rooms
In enterprise environments, storage devices are commonly placed together in a server room. In order to allow administrators to quickly find the NAS from among many servers the Lockerstor 12R Pro(2U) / Lockerstor 16R Pro(3U) provides a dedicated button on front panel. When this button is pressed, the LED service light on the rear panel of the NAS will light up. ASUSTOR also offers the mobile NAS management app, AiMaster which provides the exclusive Find Me function. When Find Me is activated, the system status light on the front of the NAS will flash and the system buzzer will sound, helping users to quickly find the NAS.
The Lockerstor 12R Pro and 16R Pro help businesses meet the expansion needs of tomorrow, today. The Lockerstor 12R Pro and 16R Pro come equipped with two x4 PCIe slots and one x8 slot for SAS cards to use SAS drives and SAS expansion boxes, allowing easier capacity expansion and seamless integration with existing server drives. Moreover, the PCI Express slots also enable seamless expansion of 10GbE /25GbE / 40GbE / 50GbE network card, enabling greater speeds than ever before.
24/7 Reliability and Durability
All ASUSTOR NAS are designed for and are suitable for 24/7 use. ASUSTOR NAS devices have also undergone rigorous tests, such as drop tests and burn tests to test durability in extreme conditions. Heatsinks were added to sensitive components to dissipate heat, helping to maintain the longevity of the device.
Protected From the Inside and Out
Protect your data from loss, damage and attacks with the Lockerstor Pro. A Lockerstor Pro is better protected by running the Linux-based ADM, employing a built-in firewall, ClamAV Antivirus, MyArchive and ADM’s various backup tools help protect ransomware even better.
Network Attack Protection
- ADM Defender
Secure Data Transmission
- VPN connection
- SSL certificate connection
- Automatic logout
- MyArchive offline backup
- AES-256 folder encryption
- Antivirus software – ClamAV
- File/folder/app isolation
- 2-Step Verification
- Wake-on-LAN (WOL)
Protected From Ransomware
The Lockerstor Pro comes with the most up-to-date version of ADM to help protect against ransomware attacks. Snapshot Center and Btrfs provide the ability to efficiently create snapshots to protect and easily restore lost data. Other security features found on the Lockerstor Pro are the ability to create one or more replacement administrator accounts, a firewall by ADM Defender that features blacklists and whitelists, the ability to change default ports, disable SSH and Terminal to prevent remote attacks. MyArchive cold storage hard drive security can also be increased by implementing AES 256bit encryption.
Comprehensive Backup Solutions
ASUSTOR’s comprehensive backup solution provides more than twelve backup options, including, but not limited to Amazon S3, Dropbox, Google Drive, and Onedrive. ASUSTOR Backup Plan for Windows as well as Time Machine for macOS provide easy backups for desktop and laptops while MyArchive removable hard drives provide long term storage. Btrfs is now supported and with Snapshot Center, can take snapshots of your information in the event of unintentional modification. Restore previous versions easily with Snapshot Center.
The Lockerstor 16R Pro provides enterprise-class hardware and software and is compatible with VMware, Citrix, Hyper-V virtual storage environments. iSCSI/IP-SAN and NFS support allow it to seamless integrate with existing IT environments, providing an optimal and cost-effective storage solution.
Exclusive MyArchive Cold Backup Technology
Unlimited Capacity Expansion
MyArchive cold backup technology turns NAS hard disks into removable storage archives. Directly insert a MyArchive hard disk into the NAS to easily access, backup and share terabytes of content.
Snapshot Center is a new feature for ASUSTOR NAS devices to utilize Btrfs and iSCSI volumes to take snapshots of the information inside a NAS. Snapshot Center supports up to 256 snapshots of a volume and can be done every five minutes, creating a backup that can be restored easily if data is damaged or lost.
MyArchive now supports Btrfs and snapshots. Btrfs for MyArchive supports snapshots and version history to help protect against accidental deletions or modifications.
Datasync Center combines multiple cloud services into a single app. Datasync Center includes, but is not limited to Google Drive, Dropbox and Onedrive and supports multitasking as well as multiple accounts. Control your data with instant and scheduled backups as well as using Cloud Backup Center to create a hybrid cloud that keeps your data online and offline, keeping your data protected.
Cloud Backup Center
- Combine multiple business cloud services:
Backblaze B2, Microsoft Azure Blob Storage, Alibaba Cloud
- Instant backups and scheduled backups
- Create a hybrid clouds to protect and secure your data from public cloud outages
- CPU: Intel Xeon E-2224
- HDD : 8GB DDR4 ECC UDIMM
- AES-NI hardware encryption engine integrated
- Hardware acceleration engine supported format: H.264 (AVC), H.265 (HEVC), MPEG-4 Part 2, MPEG-2, VC-1
- Memory: 8GB DDR4 ECC UDIMM
- Memory Module Pre-installed: 8GB (1 x 8GB)
- Total Memory Slots: 2
- Memory Expandable up to: 128GB (4 x 32GB) Installation Guide Support mixed capacity
- Maximum Internal Raw Capacity: 216 TB (18 TB HDD X 12, Capacity may vary by RAID types)
- Maximum Drive Bays with Expansion Unit: 20
- Maximum Raw Capacity with Expansion Units : 360 TB (18 TB HDD X 20, Capacity may vary by RAID & M.2 types)
- Supports Hot Swappable Drives
- Expansion: USB 3.2 Gen 2 x 4 Type-A ; USB 3.2 Gen 2 x 2 Type-C
- Network: Gigabit Ethernet x 4 (1G/100M)
- Output: HDMI 1.4b x 1 N/A
- System Fan: 60mm x 3
- Power Supply Unit / Adapter: 550W x2
- Input Power Voltage: 100V to 240V AC
- Certification: FCC, CE, VCCI, BSMI, C-TICK, KCC, BIS
- Operation : 121.7W (Operation);51.5W (Disk Hibernation) 7.55 W (Sleep Mode
- Size : 132(H) x 439(W) x 535(D) mm
- wight : 15.3 (kg) / 39.6(lb)
Software & Features
- ADM 3.1 Onwards
- Supports Online Firmware Updates
- Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, 10, Server 2003, Server 2008, Server 2012, Server 2016, Server 2019
- UNIX, Linux, and BSD
- Internet Explore 11 Onwards
- Microsoft Edge
- System Migration
- EZ Connect
- 2-way Backup
- Task Monitor
- System Automatically Enters Sleep Mode (Schedule S3)
- Auto-Standby for Both Internal and External Disks
- Auto Fan Control
- LED Night Mode
- Power Schedule: On, Off, Restart, and Sleep.
- Configurable Disk Hibernation and Sleep Mode Wait Time
- Configurable Time Period for Sleep Mode Activation
- Automatic Sleep
There are no reviews yet.