- Facing the increasing demand for data storage, sharing and multimedia processing, more and more users are looking for a NAS system with good performance and an affordable price tag. The Intel® quad-core TS-451+ provides an uncompromising high-performance scalable storage solution for professional users. Powered by the intelligent QTS 4.2 operating system, the TS-451+ performs as an easy-to-use yet powerful NAS for data backup, file synchronization and sharing, remote access and multimedia applications, and is ideal for users to create a secure private cloud to access their data easily.
- Centralize your file storage, sharing and backup with excellent performance
- Run multiple Windows®, Linux®, UNIX® and Android™ based virtual machines with the Virtualization Station
- Operate multiple isolated Linux® systems as well as download containerized apps with Container Station
- Enjoy the best audio-visual experience with HDMI output and the free remote control
- Transcode Full HD videos on-the-fly or offline*
- Stream multimedia files via DLNA®, Chromecast™ and Bluetooth® with multi-zone multimedia control
- Quickly find specific files by real-time, natural search with Qsirch
- Scale up to 12 drives with QNAP UX-800P expansion enclosure
Quad-core 64-bit Intel® Celeron® CPU for exceptional performance
The TS-451+ is powered by a 64-bit Intel® Celeron® quad-core 2.0GHz processor and has 2GB/8GB energy-efficient DDR3L RAM (upgradable to 8GB) and dual Gigabit LAN ports, delivering up to 225 MB/s read & write speeds with port trunking mode. The TS-451+ can also automatically increase the processor’s clock rate from 2.0GHz to 2.42GHz when needed for CPU-intensive tasks. The TS-451+ supports AES 256-bit volume & folder encryption with transfer speeds of up to 204 MB/s, boosting system performance & security while ensuring the safety of sensitive personal data stored in the TS-451+.
Tested in QNAP Lab. Figures could vary by environment.
OS: QTS 4.2.0
Volume type: RAID 5; 4 x Seagate 1TB HDD (ST1000NM0033)
Network environment: direct connection between NAS and PC, 1GbE LAN (MTU 1500)
Intel® Core™ i7-4790 3.60GHz CPU; DDR3-1600 16GB; Seagate 500GB ST500DM002; Intel Gigabit CT (MTU 1500);Windows® 7Professional 64bit SP1
IOMeter configuration: Transferring 8GB file continuously to/from 4 PCs for 3 minutes. Block size: 64KB for SMB2.0 (Throughput)
Use your TS-451+ as a PC with QvPC Technology
QNAP’s exclusive QvPC Technology consolidates a number of high-end technologies including VM integration, multimedia transcoding, HDMI output, cloud integration and NAS connection technologies, allowing users to operate the TS-451+ as a PC when they plug in a keyboard, mouse and HDMI monitor. With QvPC Technology, the TS-451+ is transformed into a cost-effective device with PC functionalities for users to directly access stored data, run multiple applications using Windows®/Linux®/UNIX®/Android™ based VMs, surf the web, enjoy Full HD videos with Kodi™, monitor surveillance live feeds from IP cameras in real time, and much more.
Learn more: QvPC
Enjoy videos on TV via HDMI with bundled remote control
QNAP HD Station integrates the powerful Kodi™ media player and web browser. With HDMI connectivity, you can connect the TS-451+ to a HDTV to watch your rich multimedia content on the big screen. The splendid user interface and support for 7.1-channel audio passthrough* bring smooth playback of 1080p videos**. You can even watch YouTube™ videos, surf the web and manage the TS-451+ using Google Chrome™ or Mozilla Firefox® with multilingual keyboard input. HD Station supports multi-tasking and user authentication so only authorized users can access the stored data via HDMI monitors.
The TS-451+ is packed with the QNAP RM-IR002 remote control for you to conveniently control HD Station via the built-in IR receiver. You can also turn your mobile devices into remote controls by installing the Qremote app. HD Station also supports YouTube Pairing, allowing you to select a YouTube™ video on your smartphone, tablet or computer and play it on your HDTV via the TS-451+.
*A receiver with HDMI support is required for decoding multi-channel surround sound.
** The quality of video and music delivery may vary depending on hardware and network environments.
Learn more: HD Station, Qremote
||Intel® Celeron® J1900 quad-core 2.0 GHz processor (burst up to 2.42 GHz)
||Intel® HD Graphics
|Floating Point Unit
, up to 1080P|
||8 GB SO-DIMM DDR3L (2 x 4 GB)
||8 GB (2 x 4GB)
2 x SO-DIMM DDR3L
For dual-DIMM configurations, you must use a pair of identical DDR3L modules.
||512MB (Dual boot OS protection)
4 x 3.5-inch SATA 6Gb/s, 3Gb/s
||3.5-inch SATA hard disk drives
2.5-inch SATA hard disk drives
2.5-inch SATA solid state drives
|SSD Cache Acceleration Support
|Gigabit Ethernet Port (RJ45)
|Wake on LAN (WOL)
|USB 2.0 port
|USB 3.2 Gen 1 port
(RM-IR002 & MCE)|
||1, (up to 1080p)
||Power/Status, LAN, USB, HDD1-4
||Power, Reset, USB Auto Copy
||177 × 180 × 235 mm
||0 – 40 °C (32°F – 104°F)
||-20 – 70°C (-4°F – 158°F)
||5-95% RH non-condensing, wet bulb: 27˚C (80.6˚F)
|Power Supply Unit
||90W adapter, 100-240V
|Power Consumption: HDD Sleep Mode
|Power Consumption: Operating Mode, Typical
||1 x 120mm, 12VDC
|Kensington Security Slot
Note: Use only QNAP memory modules to maintain system performance and stability. For NAS devices with more than one memory slot, use QNAP modules with identical specifications.
Warning: Using unsupported modules may degrade performance, cause errors, or prevent the operating system from starting.
* Sound Level Test
Environment: Refer to ISO 7779; Maximum HDD loaded; Bystander Position; Average data from 1 meter in front of operating NAS.
Product images are for illustrative purposes only and may differ from the actual product. Due to differences in monitors, colors of products may also appear different to those shown on the site.
Designs and specifications are subject to change without notice.