NAS Storage Capacity Expander
- Plug and play online expansion
- USB cable safety bracket a secure connection
- Smart power sync helps to save power
- Smart temperature control for stable operation
- Supports MyArchive cold backup technology
- Compatible with high capacity 10TB hard disks
Simply Plug it in
The AS6004U utilizes a USB 3.0 connection cable. Simply plug it into any ASUSTOR NAS to complete hardware expansion! Depending on the model*, ASUSTOR NAS devices can simultaneously connect up to 3 AS6004U units, satisfying the high capacity storage demands of enterprise users.
Secure Disk Tray Lock Design
In order to help users avoid accidentally pushing disk tray buttons and releasing hard disks during operation, ASUSTOR has added a new lock mechanism to its hard disk trays. The lock’s flat-head design ensures that users will not need any special keys or tools to unlock it, only a simple flat-head screw driver. The new disks trays can be used with all ASUSTOR NAS devices, providing an additional layer of security for applications requiring the frequent swapping of hard disks (e.g., MyArchive).
Smart Fan Temperature Control
Under heavy loading and operations, the system internal temperature will increase. The AS6004U utilizes fans with a wide speed range that support a temperature control function combined with a smart speed mechanism. When the system load and temperature increases, the fans will automatically increase their speed to cool the device allowing the system to maintain a suitable operation temperature, providing stable performance and service.
*Temperature will vary depending on the number hard disks installed and the brand.
The AS6004U features 4 hot swappable disk bays and is compatible with largest hard disks on the market. It supports RAID* and AES 256-bit encryption, providing optimal data protection mechanisms.
*The AS6004U supports Single Disk, JBOD, RAID 0, RAID 1, RAID 5, RAID 6, RAID 10 volumes
Flexible Storage Expansion and Backup
In addition to providing an economical high capacity storage space, the AS6004U also supports ASUSTOR’s MyArchive cold backup technology. This allows users to create removable storage archives at any time, and backup important data to them.
- Expansion: USB 3.0 (USB3.1 Gen-1) Type B
- HDD: HDD 2.5″ / 3.5″ SATA II/ III or SSD x4
- Maximum Internal Raw Capacity: 40 TB (10 TB HDD X 4, Capacity may vary by RAID types)
- Maximum Single Volume Size: 16TB
- Supports Hot Swappable Drives
- System Fan: 120mm x1
- Power Supply Unit / Adapter: 90W x1
- Input Power Voltage: 100V to 240V AC
- Certification: FCC, CE, VCCI, BSMI, C-TICK
- Power Consumption:
- Operation: 23.6 W
- Disk Hibernation: 9.7 W
- Sleep Mode: 0.35 W
- Operation Temperature: 0°C~40°C (32°F~104°F)
- Humidity: 5% to 95% RH
- Support Multiple Volumes with Spare Disks
- Volume Type: Single disk, JBOD, RAID 0, RAID 1, RAID 5, RAID 6, RAID 10
- Support for Online RAID Level Migration
Size and Weight
- Size: 185.5(H) x 170(W) x 230(D) mm
- Weight: 2.7 kg / 5.95 lbs