A versatile NAS featuring exceptional performance
- The world’s second fastest 2-bay NAS among all NAS brands with stunning 108MB/s read and 116MB/s write speeds under RAID 1 (Ranked #2 in Total NAS category as of June/2015 by Smallnetbuilder and Chip.de)
- Windows + Mac + Linux cross-platform file sharing
- A multimedia hub for your photos, music and movies
- Your complete backup solution
- Designed for energy efficiency and quiet operation
- SMB 2/3 support increases Windows networking performance by 30%-50%
High performance technology
An Intel Celeron 2.41GHz Dual-core processor and 1GB DDR3L memory, provide premium, energy efficient processing power. With read/write speeds of up to 112 MB/s, the AS50 series’ excellent performance is sure to satisfy your storage application needs.Furthermore, when AS50 series devices need more computing power, they can increase the CPU computing power from the original 2.41 GHz to 2.58 GHz, providing a smooth and seamless experience.
Different from other NAS devices on the market which feature plastic cases and suboptimal cooling, the AS50/51 devices feature aluminum casing along with a rust and corrosion resistant coating which combines with the metallic hard disk trays to fully make use of the natural cooling properties of metal. This significantly enhances the entire cooling ability of the system.
Expand your storage space
A professional grade NAS needs to be equipped with a diverse array of expansion functionality. In addition to the 4 drive bays, we have also included 2 USB 2.0 ports, 3 USB 3.0 ports and 2 eSATA ports, allowing you to create a tailored storage space for both your work and entertainment needs. AS50/51 devices emphasize the flexibility of expandable capacity, providing more expansion slots than any other devices in their class. With this many expansion slots, the only question that remains is how you are going to fill up all that storage space!
Increased reliability and speed
The built-in dual Ethernet ports combined with the link aggregation function, allows your NAS to maintain its connection even if one of your Ethernet connections fail, significantly decreasing the likelihood of unexpected disconnections.Additionally, link aggregation provides faster transfer speeds than a single connection could, along with load balancing which automatically balances network traffic load across the two connections, making it the optimal choice for users who require high speed reliability.
High Quality Audio Output with S/PDIF
Turn your NAS into your digital music hub and let ASUSTOR’s 50/51 Series devices take your local audio playback to another level. You can use SoundsGood or iTunes Server to play high quality digital music from your NAS and further combine it with S/PDIF high fidelity optical output for an unmatched listening experience that will truly bring your music to life.
No matter if you are using Windows, Mac or even Linux, ASUSTOR provides you with suitable backup solutions and protocols to help you backup all your data. Windows Environment ASUSTOR’s exclusive Backup Plan utility lets you configure up to 6 different backup plans simultaneously. You can configure regularly scheduled backups of your important data and also sync the ever-changing files on your desktop to your NAS. Mac Environment ASUSTOR NAS supports Apple Time Machine backups allowing you to backup your Mac to your NAS. Different Mac users can also safely backup their computers to the same ASUSTOR NAS device. Linux Environment ASUSTOR NAS supports NFS/Rsync/SAMBA protocols giving you added flexibility when setting up your backup environment.
Quick and Easy File Access
The built-in File Explorer App allows you to access the files on your NAS through a Web browser. Enjoy drag and drop file transfers along with a directory structure view that lets you easily organize your data. Accessing files on your NAS never been easier.
- CPU: Intel Celeron 2.41GHz Dual-Core (burst up to 2.58GHz) Processor
- Hardware transcoding engine supported format: H.264 (AVC), MPEG-4 Part 2, MPEG-2, VC-1
- Memory: 1GB SO-DIMM DDR3L (Expandable. Max 8GB)¹ Installation Guide Note:
- When expanding AS5 series memory, please ensure that both memory modules you are installing are of the same size.
- When purchasing 8GB RAM modules, due to AS5 series platform limitations, you will only be able to install a single 8GB RAM module. The original RAM modules must be removed. It is not possible to have two 8GB RAM modules installed. Please see the graphic.
- Installable RAM module combinations are as follows:
- 1GB + 1GB
- 2GB + 2GB
- 4GB + 4GB
- Single 1,2,4, 8GB module installed in the first memory slot.
- HDD: 2.5″ / 3.5″ SATA II/ IIIor SSD x2² Compatibility
- Maximum Internal Raw Capacity: 16 TB (8 TB HDD X 2, Capacity may vary by RAID types)
- Supports Hot Swappable Drives
- Expansion: USB 3.0 x 3, USB2.0 x 2, eSATA x 2
- Network: Gigabit Ethernet x 2
- Output: HDMI 1.4a x 1, S/PDIF x1
- System Fan: 70mm x 1
- Infrared Receiver
- Audio Output: S/PDIF
- Input Power Voltage: 100V to 240V AC
- Certification: FCC, CE, VCCI, BSMI, C-TICK
- Power Consumption: 17.4W (Operation); 8.4W (Disk Hibernation); 1.8W (Sleep Mode) ³
- Noise Level: 17.7dB (HDD Idle)
- Operation Temperature: 5°C~35°C (40°F~95°F)
- Humidity: 5% to 95% RH
- System Migration
- Cloud Connect
- 2-way Backup
- Task Monitor
- System Automatically Enters Sleep Mode (Schedule S3)
- Auto-Standby for Both Internal and External Disks
- Auto Fan Control
- LED Night Mode
- Power Schedule: On, Off, Restart, and Sleep..
Size and Weight
- Size: 163.5(H) x 108(W) x 230(D) mm
- Weight: 1.99 kg / 4.39 lb Package Contents